Metsä/Skogen Eko Lifestyle Oy
VAT number: 22955487-5
What kind of data do we collect?
We process your personal data only to the extent it is necessary for us to provide you with the services described in this privacy statement you have requested. The data we collect can be divided into three categories: data given by the customer or the user of our web site, data collected from the use of our web site, and the data derived from the aforementioned.
Data are given by the customer/user
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number
- Account login and password details
- Delivery data, such as delivery address and -country
- Payment data, such as billing details and payment method
- Marketing permissions and prohibitions
- Details relating to your transaction history with us
- Details of your shopping and product preferences
- Customer service messaging
Other data are given with the customer consent, such as customer survey- and competition replies
Data collected from the use of our web site
- Purchase history, such as ordered products, returns and payments
- Web site browsing and usage data
- Identification data of the browsing device, such as your IP address, your browser type and version and your operating system and platform
- Information about your visit and traffic pattern: such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), frequency, duration and usage of in-Store services, products you viewed and searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, basket contents and methods used to browse away from the page
email addresses and phone numbers used to contact our customer service number
Data derived from analytics
- Product recommendations based on browsing and purchase history
- Customer grouping and interests based on purchase history
- Sizing recommendations based on sizing information from purchase history
The customer is required to give personal identification data, contact details and payment data to purchase in Metsä/Skogen webshop.
How do we collect the data?
We obtain information about the customer or website user when they use our website, buy from us, or contact us in any way (email, social media, calls, mail). We may also collect data from the website use through cookies or other similar technology. In addition, we may also obtain data information from third parties in accordance with current laws, from sources such as official registers or our collaborative partners such as credit card service providers.
How do we use your data?
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests and manage your accounts with us
- Processing orders, delivering products and services
- Customer communication
- Customer service
- Billing and tracking payments and payment collection
- Organising competitions and giveaways
- Customer satisfaction surveys and other inquiries
- Observance of Metsä / Skogen Eko Lifestyle statutory obligations
- Observance of accounting and other obligatory lawful actions
Identifying and investigating fraud and abuse
Development of products and services
- Enhancement of customer experience
- Development of website functions and services
- Analysis of website user traffic
- Content targeting and personalisation
- Creating customer groups
Offering sizing and product recommendations
- Digital direct marketing
The data related to the customer relationship is mainly based on the agreement between Metsä / Skogen Eko Lifestyle and the customer. We may use the data for direct marketing, competitions and customer survey purposes on the consent of the customer. Based on the legitimate interest, we use the data for analysis and development of our business activity, products and services, for direct marketing and to prevent and investigate fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities
How do we handle the data?
We use customer’s personal data only in the extent necessary to the aforementioned use and to fulfil possible legal obligations of Metsä/Skogen Eko Lifestyle. We strive to keep all personal data in our possession as correct and up-to-date as possible by removing unnecessary information and by updating outdated data.
The information will be registered as they are given to us by the customer, and are updated according to the customer’s report.
Only Metsä/Skogen Eko Lifestyle personnel has access to the data, and all personnel handling the data has been trained to handle the data safely and appropriately. Our personnel is bound by professional confidentiality, and it is prohibited to abuse confidential data. Handling customer data requires password authentication, and the personnel with the rights of access to the data can only handle the data in the extent needed to carry out individual tasks.
How long do we keep the data?
We keep personal data records as long as is required by law and only as long as it is required to fulfil the aforementioned uses. We may be required to keep the data after the customer relationship has ended due to accounting-, consumer- or other law.
We abide by e.g. following times for data record keeping:
- Data related to customer relationship (such as order history, account information): at least 6 years from the latest order
- Accounting material: at least 6 years after the end of the accounting period Competition and giveaway participant information: for the duration of the competition and until the winner has been contacted
- Customer service messaging: at least 3 years
In addition to the aforementioned, we keep log data from system usage and the backup copies of our databases to secure data, fixing errors and to maintain data security and continuity for the time implied by law.
If the customer so desires, their data can be anonymised. All their personal data will be removed from the account and purchase history by way of pseudonymisation. The customer cannot be identified from account anonymised in this manner. It will not be possible to restore the account.
Will the information be handed over or transferred to third parties?
We use suppliers and partners for handling customer data for storing, analytics or marketing. We only use trusted partners, with whom we will ensure through appropriate agreements that the personal data will be handled in accordance with the data protection laws and directions given by the officials. Partners of Metsä/Skogen Eko Lifestyle are not allowed to use the data for their own purposes or distribute or sell it forward.
We may also share information needed to carry out our webshop functions to partners such as trusted courier and banking companies (e.g. Posti, Matkahuolto and Paytrail Oyj). For example, to enable the delivery of your order, your address and contact information will be transmitted to the logistics operator. Webshop transaction information will be transmitted to the content and marketing targeting system that only we have access to. At the checkout, your payment data will be transmitted through a trusted payment provider.
We might hand personal data over if demanded by officials, in accordance with the current law. Personal data can be handed over to crime investigation, to collect payments and to examine possible transgressions. Personal information can also be handed over at the event of possible corporate acquisition, fusion, outsourcing or business transaction and in respect of a corporate relationship or other financial consortia, to both parties.
Will my information be transferred outside the EU/EEA region?
We mainly handle all customer personal data in the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA). Data may also be transferred outside the EU/EEA area. In such an instance, we take care of sufficient data protection by an agreement on data confidentiality and data handling in a manner required by data protection laws. This can be done using, for example, agreement statements ratified by European Commission or by using operatives committed to EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (privacyshield.gov/) and otherwise so that all personal data handling is in accordance to this privacy statement.
How do we ensure data protection?
We protect your personal data very carefully by using the proper organisation and technical means of data protection. Manually operated documents containing customer data are kept in secure and locked premises so that unauthorised people cannot enter. Our personnel handling personal data is bound by professional confidentiality. The data is only used by named Metsä/Skogen personnel and employees of partner companies, who need the data to fulfil their work tasks.
If despite our actions, we are facing an information security breach or other kinds of threat that can cause harm to the privacy of our customers, we will notify our customers and the officials as soon as possible, in accordance to the data protection law applicable.
Unless you register or sign in to our webshop, order products from our webshop or arrive at our webshop via our customer messaging, you cannot be identified. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better more personalised service.
- Shopping basket actions
- Customer identification and sign-in
- Enhancing customer experience
- Improving out website functions
- Analysing our website traffic
- Personalised content
- Targeted marketing
Size and product recommendations
- Google Analytics
Advertising and social media cookies
- Google AdWords
What are your rights?
As a customer, you have the rights, according to the data protection law, to:
- Know who is handling your personal data, where your data is transferred and for what purpose we process your data
- Check and review your data saved in our register
- Demand correction or amendment of your information in our register
- In some instances, restrict data processing or to object your data processing e.g. direct marketing purposes
- In some instances have us destroy all the data we hold on you
- To get your data from our register in a readable format
If data procession is based on the consent you have given us, you naturally have the right to cancel your consent.
In your customer profile page, you can define, correct or delete your personal information and decide whether or not you wish to receive marketing content from Metsä/Skogen Eko Lifestyle. You can request the removal of your customer account by contacting our customer service at info(at)metsaskogen.fi.
All questions or requests related to your rights and customer data can be sent to our customer service at info(at)metsaskogen.fi. Metsä / Skogen Eko Lifestyle may ask you to specify your request or to confirm your identity before processing your request. We reserve the right to refuse your request on the grounds of law e.g. when Metsä / Skogen Eko Lifestyle has the right to keep the data to fulfil an agreement of or when legal obligation dictates so. If you are not satisfied with our response or think we fail to process your data correctly, you have the right to make a complaint to the surveillance officials. We ask you to also inform us of your observation, so we can correct our mistake.
How can you contact us?
You can contact our customer service any time in questions related to Metsä / Skogen Eko Lifestyle personal data processing or privacy statement any time via email:
or by mail:
Asiakaspalvelu Metsä / Skogen Eko Lifestyle Oy
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to change and update this data protection statement from time to time. Changes may also be based on changes in the law. We recommend you to review the contents of this statement regularly. We will notify our registered customers of all substantial changes through terms update and at our web page.
This Privacy statement has been updated 1.4.2020.